Dr. Bernard Laval
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Laval’s publications.
- Forrest, A, H 0 Andradottir, B Laval. Wind regime reconditioning of an underflow in a subarctic lake. Accepted subject to revision Aquatic Science. Nov 2010.
- Darlene S. S. Lim, A L Brady, A F Abercromby, D T Andersen, M Andersen, R R Arnold, J S Bird, H R Bohm, S L Cady, Z Cardman, A MChan, 0 Chan, C Chenard, B R Cowie, A Davila, M C Deans, W Dearing, M Delaney, M Downs, T Fong, A Forrest, M L Gernhardt, J R Gutsche, C Hadfield, A Hamilton, I Hawes, J Hansen, J Heaton, Y Imam, B Laval, D Lees, L Leoni, C Looper, S Love, M M Marinova, D McCombs, C P McKay, G Mullins, S H Nebel, P Nuytten, R Pendery, W Pike, S B Pointing, J Pollack, N Raineault, M Reay, D Reid, T Sallstedt, D Schulze-Makuch, M Seibert, R Shepard, G F Slater, D Y Sumner, C A Suttle, A Trembanis, C Turse, M Wilhelm, N Wilkinson, D Williams, D M Winget, C Winter. A Historical Overview of the Pavilion Lake Research Project – Analog Science and Exploration in an Underwater Environment. Geological Society of America Special Issue: Analogs for Planetary Exploration In press March 2011.
- Brady, A L, G F Slater, C R Omelon, G Southam, G Druschel, D T Andersen, I Hawes, B Laval and D S SLim. (2010) Photosynthetic isotope biosignatures in laminated micro-stromatolitic and non-laminated nodules associated with modern, freshwater microbia/ites in Pavilion Lake, B. C. Chemical Geology. 274(1-2): 56-67.
- Lim, D S S, G L Warman, M L Gernhardt, C P McKay, T Fong, M M Marinova, A Davila, D Andersen, A Brady, Z Cardman, B Cowie, M D Delaney, A Fairen, A L Forrest, J Heaton, B E Laval, R Arnold, P Nuytten, G Osinski, M Reay, D Reid, D Schulze-Makuch, R Shepard, G F Slater, D Williams. (2010) Scientific Field Training for Human Planetary Missions. Planetary and Space Science. 58: 920-930. doi:10.1016/j.pss.2010.02.014.
- Forrest, A, B Laval, D S S Lim, D R Williams, A C Trembanis, M M Marinova, R Shepard, A Brady, G Slater, M Gernhardt, C P McKay. (2010) Performance evaluation of underwater platforms in the context of space exploration. Planetary and Space Science. 58(4): 710-716. doi:10.1016/j.pss.2009.08.007.
- Brady, A L, G Slater, B Laval, D S S Lim. (2009) Constraining carbon sources and growth rates of freshwater microbialites in Pavilion Lake using 14C analysis. Geobiology. 7:544-555.
- Doble, M J, A Forrest, P Wadhams, B Laval. (2009) Through-ice AUV deployment: Operational and technical experience from two seasons of Arctic ﬁeldwork. Cold Regions Science and Technology. 56: 90-97.
- Lim, D S S, B Laval, G Slater, D Antoniades, A Forrest, W Pike, R Pieters, M Saffari, D Reid, D Schulze-Makuch, D Andersen, C P McKay. (2009) Limnological of Pavilion Lake, BC, Canada – Characterization of a microbialite forming environment. Fundamental and Applied Limnology. 173(4): 329-351.
- Forrest A, B Laval, R Pieters, D Lim. (2008) Seasonal thermal structure heterogeneity of a temperate lake during evening cooling. Limnology and Oceanography. 53(5 part 2): 2321-2332.
- Sentlinger, G I, S Hook, B Laval. (2008) Sub-pixel water temperature estimation from thermal-infrared imagery using vectorized
Dr. Greg Lawrence
Click here for a complete list of Dr. Lawrence’s publications.
- Atwater, J.F. and G.A. Lawrence. 2011. Regulatory, design and methodological impacts in determining tidal-in-stream power resource potential. Energy Policy, 39(3), 1694-1698. (March 2011)
- Weinfurtner S., E.W. Tedford, M.C.J. Penrice, W.G. Unruh and G.A. Lawrence. 2011. Measurement of stimulated Hawking emission in an analogue system. Physical Review Letters. (Jan 2011)
- Carpenter, J.R., N.J. Balmforth and G.A. Lawrence. 2010. Identifying unstable modes in stratified shear layers. Physics of Fluids, 22, 054104, 1-13. (May 2010)
- Carpenter, J.R., E.W. Tedford, M. Rahmani, and G.A. Lawrence. 2010. Holmboe wave fields in simulation and experiment. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 648: 205- 223. (April 2010)
- Atwater, J.F. and G.A. Lawrence. 2010. Power potential of a split tidal channel. Renewable Energy, 35(2): 329-332. (Feb. 2010)
- Tedford, E.W., J.R. Carpenter, R. Pawlowicz, R. Pieters and G.A. Lawrence. 2009. Observation and analysis of shear instability in the Fraser River estuary. Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, November 2009, 114 (C11006): 14 pp.
- Tedford, E.W., R. Pieters and G.A. Lawrence. 2009. Symmetric Holmboe instabilities in a laboratory exchange flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 636: 137-153.
- Li, S.S. and G.A. Lawrence. 2009. Unsteady two-layer hydraulic exchange flows with friction. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 633: 99-114.
- Pieters, R. and G.A. Lawrence. 2009. Effect of salt exclusion from lake ice on seasonal circulation. Limnology and Oceanography, 54(2): 401-412.
- Matzinger, A., R. Pieters, K.I. Ashley, G.A. Lawrence and A. Wuest. 2007. Effects of impoundment on nutrient pathways and lake productivity. Limnology and Oceanography, 52(6): 2629-2640.